Tuesday 24 December 2013

A Sarah Jane almost-drabble

Among other things, I got The Sarah Jane Adventures series three from a friend pre-Christmas, ran through them last night, and woke this morning thinking of this. And so, for Christmas, my roughly annual tiny bit of fanfic.


Sarah Jane confronts a scuzzy-looking sinister alien, with a crate containing a bunch of frightened baby Adipose.

“You’ll stop this now. Let them go, and leave.”
“Or?”
“You don’t get three strikes and you’re out. Here it’s more like the bails on cricket. You only have two.”
“Really now.”
She shrugs. “I don’t know, the Doctor explained cricket to me years back.”
“...”
“Oh yes, he loves it. He has a standing invitation to come round for tea after he catches a game.” hen more seriously, she adds “And he always knows when someone should run.”
The alien considers this for a moment. “... I’ll just unlock this.”
“Much appreciated.”
“You really are wasted stopping people like me, you know. That kind of nous, you could be the queen of this world.”
She smiles and shakes her head. “I’ll settle for working behind the scenes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment