Friday 21 June 2013

On Location

What is your home town like in the Whoniverse?

Pretty much everywhere on Earth has some significant, interesting history that time travellers might want to check out.

For example, I come from Edinburgh - home to an extinct volcano with an Arthurian connection, a castle dating back centuries and a more recent palace, a national Parliament, a medieval university (where I run games), a royal dynasty, the creators of Holmes, Hyde and Potter, the Higgs Boson, the world’s biggest arts festival, and enough murder and treachery to sustain half a dozen ghost tours. If that’s not enough, I can get a city bus to Roslyn Chapel...

And how about places you’ve visited? The tourist snapshot POV might suit a single episode adventure well. I’ve spent a couple weeks in New Orleans, and could easily come up with an adventure involving Jean Lafitte or his ghost or the city’s role in the Revolutionary or Civil Wars or vampires or alligator-Silurians...

I’ve also spent time in London, but most adventures in London aren’t really about London. I’d be tempted to do the “pigeons in Trafalgar Square go berserk” bit as seen in The Core...

No comments:

Post a Comment